Jamie Foxx, who is one one of Hollywood’s most eligible bachelors, has revealed why he plans on never getting married.
The American actor and father-of-two, 53, made the disclosure during an appearance on E! News’ Daily Pop.
‘The 2.5 children, the wood paneling on the station wagon and the cottage, I didn’t think that was for me,’ he revealed on Monday.
Jamie, who has daughters Corrine Foxx, 27, and Annalise Bishop, 12, recalled watching his daughter’s friends suffer as their parents struggled in their marriage.
‘A lot of those marriages ended up not doing well as the kids got older. Unfortunately, we saw the kids get fractured from their families,’ Jamie said.
According to him, this brought his family closer over the years.
‘Us, we actually came together more. So I don’t know what that is, I just know that it is different but it’s a whole lot of love.’
‘The pressure of being married, I don’t think we can have a conversation about it. I just keep moving,’ Jamie said.
Though the traditional family life may not be for him, Jamie insists on keeping his family close.
‘It was by design to have my whole family living with me, because I don’t want them living away from my circumstance,’ he said. ‘I want them to see and share the things that I go through. There’s a lot of hard work, there’s a lot of disappointment, but there’s a lot of things to celebrate.’
Jamie has daughter Corinne with Connie Kline and Annalise Bishop with his ex Kristin Grannis.
The Ray actor, who is releasing his memoir Act Like You Got Some Sense on Tuesday, was famously linked to actress Katie Holmes following the end of her marriage to Tom Cruise.
Jamie and Holmes dated secretively starting in 2013. The ex- couple finally took their relationship public in the summer of 2019, only to break up shortly later.
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum
- Buhari says Govs are stealing local govt funds
- Kanye West gives Kim Kardashian huge divorce parting gift
- 2023: INEC takes delivery of last batch of PVCs in Edo
- Ex-VC, Prof. Magaji Garba sentenced to 35 years in prison
- Mavin Records’ “Overloading (Overdose)”, most trending 2022 YouTube music video
- Four feared dead in accident involving Gov. Fintiri’s convoy