The newly inaugurated Total Junction fly-over in Jimeta metropolis of Adamawa is expected to last for 50 years, says the Project Engineer, Mr Ghanem Ghasan of Traicta Construction Company.
The fly-over, a project of the Adamawa Government, was inaugurated on Saturday by former vice president, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.
Ghasan made the disclosure in an interview with newsmen in Yola.
The project was awarded by Gov. Ahmadu Fintiri of Adamawa in August 2020.
Ghasan said the project was executed up to standard before the timeline, supervised by consultant and the state’s Ministry of Works.
He said that the project was successfully delivered on time due to timely release of funds by the state government.
“We have the capability of doing the job, that is why we completed it within nine months instead of 12 months and the state government is also serious about the job; we are serious too.
“The design have been of high standard that can reach up to at least 50 years because, during the execution, we followed all standards and it was supervised by the consultant and supervisory ministry,” he said.
According to him, the company encountered a lot of challenges on supply of materials including cement and rods because of increase in prices of the products.
He added that the company was currently constructing an inter-change fly-over at Police Roundabout in the state and ready for any other project if given the opportunity.
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity
- Opposition behind naira frustration– Lai Mohammed
- Breaking…. IPMAN orders fuel stations to shutdown operations
- Turkey-Syria Earthquake: Death toll crosses 5,000
- Atiku pays courtesy visit to Bauchi traditional rulers
- FG tasks Hajj Institute on best services to pilgrims
- Man United massively transformed under Ten Hag – De Gea
- Naira redesign: Don’t make Nigerians scapegoats, says Atiku