By Akin Richy, Osogbo
The Osun Health Insurance Agency (OSHIA) on Tuesday reiterated its total commitments to the provision and delivery of seamless services to the people of the state.
Addresing journalists in Osogbo, the Chairman of OSHIA Governing Board, Honourable Andrew Adeoye Adelakun informed that a total number of 206,659 beneficiaries have been enrolled in the scheme.
He said the figure does not include the 30,420 vulnerable persons from Ministry of Youths and Sports and the Osun Waste Management Agency, saying that the agency is collaborating with concerned agencies in the state for effective service delivery.
According to him, 89,148 public servants among which are 49,618 dependants and 39,530 principals.
He said 43,915 tertiary institution students, vulnerable persons (BHCPF 40,181; state equity 31,212) and 2,203 informal sector have been enrolled.
Honourable Adelakun added that the Agency had engaged in regular processing and payment of capitation and fee for service to Health care professionals (HCPs), procurement and deployment of ICT support and Health Information management System to 16 OSHIA-accredited government hospitals.
He noted that OSHIA has distributed QIP-facilitated items ranging from printers, computers, human resources etc to 16 OSHIA-accredited government hospitals.
“We have engaged in training of health workers on quality improvement planning and operationalization of Health Insurance Scheme.
“We have since created over 400 indirect jobs through the engagement of TPAs and OSHIA accredited HCPs under the scheme.
“The Agency also developed standard of our hospitals through quality inspection and accreditation exercise for good healthcare delivery.
“Following the creation of the Agency in 2018, we received a take off grant of 150,000,000 in July 2019. It was followed by state equity grant of 477,912,310.00 for the vulnerable in September, 2019.
“We subsequently acquired temporary office space at HSDP Building Behind OSAMDO House, Ogo-Oluwa Area in Osogbo. We sprout to work as we did commenced accreditation of primary and secondary care providers, enrollment of public servants, engaged Third Party Administrators (HMOs and CSOs).”
It would be recalled that the Agency was established in 2018 by law passed on 30th October, 2018 and assented by the former Governor of Osun, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola on 20 November, 2018.
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List