This is contained in a statement signed by Ademola Olajire, Director of Communications at the Nigeria Football Federation, on Wednesday, the News Agency of Nigeria reports.
Onyema presented the cheques to the various teams after the finals of the maiden edition of the Aisha Buhari Invitational Tournament on Tuesday.
South Africa’s Banyana Banyana beat the Super Falcons 4-2 in the final match at the Mobolaji Johnson Arena, Lagos.
Banyana clip Falcons wings, win Aisha Buhari Cup
FIFA, CAF presidents grace Aisha Buhari Cup kick-off, Falcons win 2-0
NFF signs N300m Air Peace deal
The statement read that Onyema was not dismayed by the defeat the Super Falcons suffered in the hands of South Africa’s Banyana Banyana.
“He presented the sum of ₦10 million to the Super Falcons’ class of 1999 that reached the quarter-finals of the FIFA Women’s Cup in USA who were honoured by the NFF at a special Awards ceremony in Lagos on Monday. He also gifted the present bunch the sum of ₦10 million,” the statement read.
Onyema’s company, Air Peace, is the official carrier of Nigeria national teams. He recently doled out ₦20 million to motivate the Super Eagles to win their FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 qualifier against Cape Verde in Mindelo.
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92
- CBN’s cash withdrawal policy’ll enhance financial inclusion – Expert
- DSS, oil marketers set to clear petrol queues in 48 hours
- FG gives update on Ajaokuta Steel resuscitation, legal tussle
- Ex-CAN President, Ayo Oritsejafor’s marriage crashes
- BREAKING…CBN begins distribution of redesigned naira notes to banks
- Celine Dion cancels shows over incurable disease
- Reps disagree with CBN, orders suspension of cash withdrawal limit
- Abducted Ondo monarch regains freedom