Kano State Peoples Redemption Party’s (PRP) Gubernatorial candidate in the 2019 elections Malam Salihu Sagir Takai has finally announced his defection to All Progressive Congress (APC).
Takai defection to APC was confirmed to Solacebase by his media aide Abdullahi Musa Huguma on Tuesday.
According to him, the defection was a result of popular views of stakeholders of Takai support organization after due consultations adding that it was after the decision of the support group that Malam Sagir Takai accepted the verdict of the support group.
Huguma further stated that, Takai is in APC as an ordinary member and that he has dumped PRP with all his supporters from the 44 local governments in the state stressing that he has not defected to vie for any post in the party.
“Malam Salihu didn’t defect to APC to vie for any post, but whatever the situation warranted it is not for us to decide. However, Malam will be a law-abiding member to the party’s rules and regulations as well as to the leadership of the party in the state. As usual, Malam Salihu is respecting the will and aspiration of his followers by decamping to APC,” said Huguma.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92