APC cautions Peter Obi: You’re crossing the line
The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has said the Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi, is crossing the line with his recent accusations against it.
This was disclosed by the National Publicity Secretary of the APC, Felix Morka, during an interview on Arise Television on Wednesday, May 3, 2023.
This is coming as a response to Obi’s recent claims that the APC and its supporters have been attacking his personality since he decided to challenge the victory of the President-elect, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, at the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal (PEPT).
Pulse reports that Obi and Labour Party have petitioned the PETP seeking among others the disqualification of Tinubu and an outright cancellation of his victory as declared by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
The petitioners argued that the President-elect didn’t meet all the constitutional requirements to be declared elected having failed to record 25% of total votes cast in the Federal Capital Territory.
Obi has been mired in a series of controversies in recent times including a ‘leaked audio’ of him and Bishop David Oyedepo in which the latter former to the February 25 presidential election as a “religious war” as well as an alleged detention and deportation from the United Kingdom.
Reacting to the incidents in a recent interview on Arise, Obi accused the ruling party of masterminding the events with the intention being to silence him and distract attention from the irregularities that characterised Tinubu’s emergence.
Responding to Obi, Morka said the former Anambra State governor’s accusation is ridiculous.
He said: “Peter Obi is really crossing the line, the campaigns are over, he needs to relax and allow his lawyers handle his case at the tribunal, accusing the APC of attacking his personal life is ridiculous.
“Obi has been way too sanctimonious for someone who volunteered to venture into politics and run for the presidency.
“He did not win the elections, he came a distant third, and he has made a political capital of exploiting people’s vulnerabilities.”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Tinubu commiserates with India over deadly train crash
- N2bn: Ex-Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen reacts to rumoured EFCC’s arrest
- EFCC grills Buhari’s minister Pauline Tallen
- UN appoints Akinwumi Adesina, Muhtar, Nwuneli into new positions
- We won’t fix petrol prices again – NMDPRA
- Court affirms Iyorchia Ayu’s sack as PDP National Chairman
- Importer to CBN: Tell the truth, Naira has been devalued
- NLC to commence nationwide strike on Wednesday if new petrol price isn’t reversed
- Breaking….. Tinubu announces critical appointments, Gbajabiamila, Akume, Hadejia make list
- FG to fix one refinery before December — Kyari