Rivers State governor, Nyesom Wike, has said the All Progressives Congress (APC) which is the ruling party, has dragged Nigeria 50 years backwards due to its “abysmal performance.”
The governor said this when the Vice President of Rotary Club of Port Harcourt, Obiageli Ejezie, led other leaders of the association to the Government House, Port Harcourt, to confer on him the “2019/2020 Good Governance Award” for his outstanding achievements in project execution in Rivers.
Speaking to the delegation in his office, Governor Wike said in 2015, the APC convinced Nigerians that they were going to offer better governance than former President Goodluck Jonathan. He said going by the results of the APC since it came into power in 2015, Nigeria has only being retrogressing under the its leadership.
”There can’t be good governance without security and this is based on rule of law. All of us are living witnesses in 2015 when it was alleged that the government of former President Goodluck Jonathan could not perform. So Nigeria needed a change. What has happened to the change? They have taken Nigeria back by 50 years”.
Now, you wake up every morning, students are being kidnapped in so and so state university, people have been killed in so and so state. So, it has become a norm.
Just wake up in the morning and the first thing you will see on the front page of dailies is 10 people have been kidnapped in Niger State; 20 have been killed in Zamfara State, 5 have been killed in Imo and this happens virtually every day. So, where are we heading to?”he asked
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL