The Commander, Nigerian Army Ordnance Corps, Maj.- Gen. Ayobami Ibikunle, disclosed this during his operational visit to the Headquarters of Sector II of the Joint Task Force, North-East ”Operation HADIN KAI”, in Damaturu.
He noted that robust induction of new logistics would enhance the operation and dislodge the remnants of insurgents in the theatre.
Ibikunle said his visit to the theatre was aimed at getting first-hand information and on-the- spot-assessment of the overall situation of logistics in the theatre.
He commended the sector for all its operational achievements and successes recorded so far.
In his remarks, the Sector Commander, Brig.- Gen. Adamu Nura, said overhauling the logistics was coming when the sector was experiencing logistic challenges.
Nura, represented by the Sector’s Chief of Staff, Brig.- Gen. Isangubong Akpaumontia, thanked the Corps Commander for the quick intervention, saying that it would boost the morale of service men and women of the theatre.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Ibikunle also visited the Army Headquarters Logistic Base III, Damaturu, to conduct an on-the-spot- assessment of logistics, and received briefing from the commander of the base, Colonel Ja’afar Ibrahim. (NAN)
- Emefiele reveals what will happen to old naira notes after Feb. 10 deadline
- Peace Corps sets for Buhari’s assent to Bill, begins members’ training
- NURTW warns members against rejecting old naira notes
- JAMB opens up on extending registration
- JAMB suspends CBT centre in Kwara for violating rules
- COVID-19 remains International health threat, WHO warns
- 59 confirmed dead and 157 injured in Pakistan mosque bomb blast
- Redesigned notes: Lagos residents groan as scarcity hits hard
- West Ham set up Man United tie by beating Derby
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants