The Kwara Government has offered free transportation to all interested students of tertiary institutions in the Northern axis of the country on resumption for academic activities.
This is contained in a statement from the Press Secretary, Ministry of Tertiary Education, Mrs Mansurat Amuda-Kannike, on Tuesday in Ilorin.
Amuda-Kannike said the decision followed the suspension of the eight-month prolonged industrial action embarked upon by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU).
She said the commissioner, Dr Alabi Abolore, had explained that Gov. AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq-led administration’s gesture was another way of extending the dividends of democracy to Kwara students in tertiary institutions across the country.
”The concerned students travelling to the North are expected to appear for a brief documentation on the day of their departure within the premises of Ministry of Tertiary Education on Saturday, Oct. 29 by 6.30 am.
”The Ministry is also on the verge of concluding the bursary disbursement when online portal registration of would-be beneficiaries has opened,” she said.
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum
- Buhari says Govs are stealing local govt funds
- Kanye West gives Kim Kardashian huge divorce parting gift
- 2023: INEC takes delivery of last batch of PVCs in Edo
- Ex-VC, Prof. Magaji Garba sentenced to 35 years in prison
- Mavin Records’ “Overloading (Overdose)”, most trending 2022 YouTube music video
- Four feared dead in accident involving Gov. Fintiri’s convoy