A Professor of Analytical/Industrial Chemistry with the University of Ilorin, Baba Abdullahi Alafara, will on Thursday May 20th 2021 deliver the 198th Inaugural Lecture of the University.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the varsity don, a Fellow of the Chemical Society of Nigeria (FCSN), Fellow is the current National Vice-President (Science), Materials Science and Technology Society of Nigeria.
Titled: “SUSTAINABLE NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT: MINERAL AND MATERIAL RESOURCES TO THE RESCUE” will be delivered by the erudite scholar by 4.30pm at the University of Ilorin Main Auditorium.
Checks revealed that Professor Baba Alafara was a former Deputy Director, Central Research Laboratories (2014-2017); Head, Department of Industrial Chemistry, University of Ilorin (2017-2020) and recently appointed Extraction and Processing Division (EPD Council – Education Representative) of The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS), United States of America for a period of three years.
The event will be chaired by the University’s Vice Chancellor, Professor Sulyman Age Abdulkareem.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note