Bandits are our children, we should empower them – Gov Umahi
Ebonyi state governor, David Umahi, has reportedly called for the empowerment of bandits saying that they are ‘‘our children’’ and need to be looked after as well.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the governor said this during the presentation of 40 Toyota Sienna vehicles and 20 Hilux vans to security agencies for enhanced operations in the state on Friday, April 30. At the ceremony, the governor declared his intention to negotiate with bandits to ascertain their grievances and the way forward.
The governor directed local government chairmen and Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) to identify the bandits and present them for debriefing.
“I want to talk to the bandits and empower them as we cannot continue to kill ourselves and destroy public infrastructure. The bandits are our children and I am pained when they or the security agencies are killed.
“I want to ascertain their grievances against the Ebonyi or federal government, collate the facts for discussions to commence” he said.
The governor seized the opportunity to also dismiss reports claiming members of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) or Eastern Security Network (ESN) were after him.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Ex-Nigerian Minister, Kola Jamodu installed as Asiwaju of Ere Kingdom (PHOTOS)
- IEYDA applauds Police, Army, others over peaceful conduct of polls
- How FG punished me for going to court over naira policy – Gov Matawalle
- Nigeria’s total public debt stock hits N46.25trn in Q4 2022 – NBS
- Asari Dokubo leads solidarity walk for President-Elect Tinubu in Rivers State
- MC Oluomo bans illegal Agbero taxes in part of Lagos
- Justice AbdulMuttalib Ambali’s demise, great loss to humanity Emir Sulu-Gambari
- TRIBUTE TO LATE HON. JUSTICE MUTALLIB AHMAD AMBALI OFR
- UNILORIN don, Prof. Aishatu Gobir gets new appointment, group reacts
- Ikpeazu sacks all Special Advisers, Aides