Bandits attack residence of Kaduna community leader, abduct wives and daughters
Bandits have invaded the residence of Sarkin Hausawa of Anguwar Azara in Jere, along Abuja-Kaduna highway, Malam Ibrahim Tanko, abducted his two wives and four daughters.
Tanko, who confirmed the incident to Daily Trust via telephone, gave the names of his kidnapped wives as Maimuna Ibrahim and Hauwawu Ibrahim.
His abducted daughters are, Aisha Ibrahim, Farida Ibrahim, Zainab Ibrahim and Hussaina Ibrahim.
He said his senior wife, Hauwawu was later set free when her captors discovered that she is suffering from high blood pressure.
He said the bandits, who wielded sophisticated weapons, invaded his house around 11:52 pm on Tuesday, February 15.
He said he managed to escape using one of the exit doors.
“It was after they searched and couldn’t see me that they went into room where my daughters were sleeping and whisked four of them away at gunpoint,” he said.
According to him, the bandits proceeded to a neighbour’s house and whisked away four residents alongside a nursing mother identified as Laraba Umar.
“In fact, they macheted the woman’s husband until he became unconscious. He is currently receiving treatment at a private hospital at Katari,” he said.
The Sarkin Hausawa said soldiers arrived the area an hour after the bandits had left with their victims.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- CBN releases cash, orders banks to operate on weekends
- Supreme Court opens up on CJN trip, meeting Tinubu
- Buhari never said he wouldn’t hand over to Tinubu– Presidency
- Okowa congratulates Adeleke on Appeal Court victory
- Ekweremadu, wife to be sentenced on May 5
- CBN confirms evacuation of banknotes, directs banks to open for weekend operations
- CBN begins monitoring of old notes circulation:
- Ademola Adeleke is the duly elected governor of Osun— Appeal Court
- BREAKING…Appeal court reinstates Adeleke as Osun governor
- Kwara Gov sympathises with residents over rainstorm, flooding incidents