Suspected bandits have abducted the biological father of the Speaker of Zamfara State House of Assembly, Alhaji Nasiru Muazu Magarya.
It was gathered that the bandits also kidnapped the Speaker’s stepmother, uncle and four others in a raid on his community, Magarya in Zurmi Local Government Area of the state.
Salihu Zurmi, lawmaker representing Zurmi West in the state assembly, who confirmed the incident to Daily Trust, said that the armed men invaded the community on Wednesday evening, August 4.
“This is the fourth time they are attacking the community, the first one they killed some people while during the second assault they torched residential houses and carted away cows and other domestic animals,” he said.
Also confirming the abduction, the Director General, Press Affairs of the state House of Assembly Mustapha Jafaru Kaura, said that they would soon issue press statement on the issue.
“I’m right now with the Honourable Speaker, we will issue statement, give us some times please,” Mustapha said.
Spokesperson of the State Police Command, SP Muhammad Shehu, who confirmed the incident, said the command would soon issue a press release on the incident.
He added that the command has deployed additional troops to the affected area to ensure the safe return of the victims.
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity
- Opposition behind naira frustration– Lai Mohammed
- Breaking…. IPMAN orders fuel stations to shutdown operations
- Turkey-Syria Earthquake: Death toll crosses 5,000
- Atiku pays courtesy visit to Bauchi traditional rulers
- FG tasks Hajj Institute on best services to pilgrims
- Man United massively transformed under Ten Hag – De Gea
- Naira redesign: Don’t make Nigerians scapegoats, says Atiku