Suspected bandits have abducted the biological father of the Speaker of Zamfara State House of Assembly, Alhaji Nasiru Muazu Magarya.
It was gathered that the bandits also kidnapped the Speaker’s stepmother, uncle and four others in a raid on his community, Magarya in Zurmi Local Government Area of the state.
Salihu Zurmi, lawmaker representing Zurmi West in the state assembly, who confirmed the incident to Daily Trust, said that the armed men invaded the community on Wednesday evening, August 4.
“This is the fourth time they are attacking the community, the first one they killed some people while during the second assault they torched residential houses and carted away cows and other domestic animals,” he said.
Also confirming the abduction, the Director General, Press Affairs of the state House of Assembly Mustapha Jafaru Kaura, said that they would soon issue press statement on the issue.
“I’m right now with the Honourable Speaker, we will issue statement, give us some times please,” Mustapha said.
Spokesperson of the State Police Command, SP Muhammad Shehu, who confirmed the incident, said the command would soon issue a press release on the incident.
He added that the command has deployed additional troops to the affected area to ensure the safe return of the victims.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate