Barcelona presidential candidate, Toni Freixa, believes that Lionel Messi will move to Manchester City.
City are favourites to land the 33-year-old, after he informed the club he wants to leave this summer.
According to Freixa, Messi’s decision to dump the LaLiga club, has taken several years to arrive at and is irrevocable.
He claims the Argentine superstar has not been supported enough at the Camp Nou and backed him to recapture his magic under Pep Guardiola at the Etihad.
Freixa told Goal: “I have heard from several sources that the decision by the player has matured over several years and is irrevocable. I don’t think there is any going back.
“Messi is a player who longs for maximum success. He alone can’t achieve maximum success, he needs a team to do it. He doesn’t have that.
“I think City is likely. Messi had his most dazzling years in Barcelona with Pep. It would only make sense if both would work together again.”
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63