Gunmen have killed the councillor representing Ward 6 in the Sagbama Local Government Area of Bayelsa State, Mr Karma Agagowei.
Agagowei was said to have been shot in the Opolo area of Yenagoa, the state capital, while returning from the ward congress of the Peoples Democratic Party on Saturday.
The victim was rushed to two hospitals in Yenagoa, but was allegedly not treated due to the absence of a police report.
It was gathered that he died shortly after.
It was learnt that one person, who was with the deceased in a commercial tricycle at the time of the incident, was also attacked with machetes by the hoodlums. He, however, escaped with wounds.
The late Agagowei was among the 105 councillors, who were elected during the state local government council election in August last year.
When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr Asinim Butswat, said he was awaiting details of the incident. ,,
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign