AUTHORITY of Bayero University Kano (BUK) will on Saturday 2nd March 2024 instal the Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Traditional Rulers Council, Mai-Martaba Alhaji (Dr) Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR as the 5th Chancellor of the institution.
This is contained in a statement issued by the Emir’s spokesman, Mallam Abdulazeez, stressing that the investiture will form part of the activities of the 34th convocation of the University.
It would be recalled that since his enthronement as the 11th Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Sulu-Gambari had served as the Chancellor of the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State and the University of Agriculture Makurdi, Benue State before his recent redeployment to BUK.
According to the University’s invitation, the Vice Chancellor, Prof. Sagir Adamu Abbas, disclosed that other events include award for degrees, higher degrees and prizes for the year 2020/2021.
The convocation will start on Tuesday February 27, with awards of degree to graduands of the Faculty of Agriculture, Arts and Islamic Studies, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Education, Law and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
While on Wednesday, 28th February, graduands of Faculties Allied Health Sciences, Clinical Sciences, and Computing, Dentistry and School of Continuing Education (SCE) will be awarded degrees.
“On Thursday, 29th February, graduands of Faculties of Basic Medical Sciences, Communication, Engineering, Life Sciences, Management Sciences, Physical Sciences and Social Sciences will be awarded their degrees.
The convocation lecture will hold on March 1, to be delivered by Alhaji Aliko Dangote with the theme: “The Role of the Private Sector in Building a Sustainable Knowledge Economy in Nigeria” by 4pm.
The statement therefore urged all sons and daughters of Ilorin Emirate and beyond to be part of the historic event aimed at promoting royalty, scholarship and academic excellence.
- Emir of Ilorin condoles former AMCON chairman, Kola Belgore over wife’s death
- NiMet signs MoU with Sahel Consulting on agricultural improvement
- Buhari responsible for rot in Nigeria– Igboho
- NLC protest action may bring anarchy– TUC
- Former Kwara NUJ secretary, Timothy Nathaniel for burial Feb. 26-27
- Account for toll gate, parking lots fees since 2015, Court orders FAAN
- Adamawa hunters collaborate with Army to fight criminalities
- CSOs urge NASS to probe FG over $3.4billion COVID-19 loan, subsidy savings, others
- ARRANT NONSENSE: MURIC REPLIES MAN WHO SAID REMI TINUBU SHOULD BE KILLED
- JUST IN…. Former NBA national president, emerges as LP guber candidate in Edo