President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed Dr. Shuaib Muhammad Lamido Belgore into the Permanent Secretary cadre of the federal civil service.
Belgore, a renown medical doctor led the officials of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC, to Kwara State to curtail the spread of COVID-19 disease in the state.
Meanwhile, Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq has thanked the President over the appointment stressing that the pick as befitting for an outstanding Kwaran who has paid his dues.
The governor said: “We receive the news of the appointment of Dr Belgore with joy and we most sincerely thank Mr President for the new honour done to the state. The appointment is both befitting and deserving for Dr Belgore who has distinguished himself as a disciplined, resourceful, and exemplary technocrat.
“Dr Belgore’s leadership of the NCDC team that recently came to drill the Kwara COVID-19 team was quite impactful and we remain grateful to him and other members of his team.
“We are proud of him. On behalf of the people and government of Kwara State, we congratulate Dr Belgore on this appointment and pray to Almighty Allah to guide him through this new phase of his illustrious career.”
- Why there is hunger, poverty in Bauchi State— Ex-CAS, Sadique
- 12yrs of exit: Remembering Alh. S.A. Arowona everyday with prayers
- 52 new Pharmacists emerged at UNILORIN
- Reps reject Naira swap extension, threatens Emefiele’s arrest
- UNILORIN: Female varsity don performs first cancer-of-the-eye treatment
- Fuel scarcity bites harder in Dutse as litre hits N340
- New Notes: We will monitor banks’ vaults– CBN
- Rail transport system coming to Ebonyi soon– Umahi
- Art Legendary, Oladejo Akinlonu dies at 60
- Dogara takes over today as new NYSC DG