A Magistrate court sitting in Sokoto on Monday ordered the remand of two suspected murderers of Deborah Samuela 200 level, a student of Shehu Shagari College of Education, Sokoto
who was killed last week Thursday over alleged blasphemy.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the arrested suspects are; Bilyaminu Aliyu and Aminu Hukunchi, who are also students of the college, were arraigned before a magistrate court by the Police in Sokoto.
Although, the suspects pleaded not guilty to the charges, the police prosecutor, Inspector Khalil Musa, urged the court for another date to enable the police complete their investigation.
However, the defence counsels led by Professor Mansur Ibrahim, who did not oppose the application, pleaded with the court to grant the defendants bail, citing sections 157, 161(a,f) and 164 of the administration of criminal justice law of Sokoto State, as well as 36(5) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended.
The court, however, adjourned ruling on the application to a later date which would be communicated to the lawyers.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Emir Sulu-Gambari set to install Balogun Gambari as most senior counsellor in Ilorin Emirate
- Divorce: JJC Skillz divorces Nollywood Star, Funke Akindele
- Gov Zulum directs promotion of deserving civil servants
- Kano APC Senator, Shekarau finally defects to NNPP
- Senate Confirms Buhari 7 Ministerial Norminees
- Fraud: Senate summons NIA boss over N/Delta activists’ blacklist by DSS
- Organ harvesting: Senate delegation to visit Ekweremadu, wife in London
- Ado-Ekiti Yahoo-Boy Jailed Two Years for Scam, Loses N13m Car to FG
- Money-politics affecting Nigeria’s political processes— Ex-Minister
- Kwara monarch introduces new currency for business activities in own community