BREAKING…… Ex-Kwara Permanent Secretary kidnapped
A retired Permanent Secretary in Kwara State, Dr Zubair Erubu, is currently in kidnappers’ den.
A member of his family, who craved anonymity, confirmed the incident, ROYAL NEWS reports.
Erubu was abducted around 10pm on Thursday at Ago-Oja, Asa Local Government Area of the state.
The retired top civil servant, who is also the Magaji Erubu of Ilorin, was said to be returning from Ilorin metropolis to retire at his Ago-Oja residence when the kidnappers struck and seized him at gunpoint.
Eburu was said to be in Ilorin earlier on the fateful day to attend to a patient, who was undergoing treatment in his medical facility located in Ilorin.
As of the time of filing this report, the family of the retired permanent secretary was yet to be contacted.
The state Police Command confirmed the abduction in a terse statement issued in Ilorin on Friday.
Spokesman of the command, Ajayi Okasanmi, a Superintendent of Police, said the Commissioner of Police, Tuesday Assayomo, had directed a rescue operation to ensure timely release of the victim from the kidnappers’ den.
“The kidnap incident is confirmed. The commissioner of police, CP Tuesday Assayomo has ordered a discreet investigation, rescue and arrest of the kidnappers immediately he got the information”, Okasanmi said.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate President: Group canvasses support for Akpabio
- Adamawa re-run election: CAN calls for calm
- FG confirms May 3 for commencement of 2023 Census
- Gov Adeleke entertains supporters with drumming skills (Video)
- Igbos will worship Tinubu if he can create seaport in Anambra– Cossy Ojiakor
- WAAFA: Cleric seeks support for orphans, less privileged
- Ilorin Emir’s palace ramadan tafsir begins on Monday
- INEC set to issue Certificate of Return to govs, deputy govs-elect
- Facts about Gen. Oladipo Diya as he dies at 79
- DSS raises alarm over plot to incite violence