Breaking…. Kano govt imposes 24hrs curfew as NNPP wins guber poll
The candidate of the New Nigeria People’s Party, (NNPP) Abba Kabiru Yusuf, won the Kano state governorship election held on Saturday 18th March 2023.
However, the state government has imposed a dawn to dusk curfew, which it said was in a view to avoid breakdown of law and order following tensions generated from the collation of results of the governorship and state Assembly elections.
The commissioner for information and internal affairs in the state, Malam Muhammad Garba, stated this in a statement issued Monday morning.
He said the decision was to prevent hoodlums from causing chaos in the already tensed situation.
The commissioner called on people in the state to remain indoors as security agents would not spare anyone or group bent on causing trouble.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- NGF: Tinubu congratulates Gov. AbdulRazaq, Uzodinma
- Alleged N4bn: EFCC drills Ex-Gov. Kayode Fayemi in Ilorin
- I never indicated interest to be 10th Assembly’s Senate President— Lawan
- Insecurity: Tinubu gives Service Chiefs Matching Order
- Breaking…..CBN debunks rumour on alleged Naira devaluation
- Folashade Tinubu adds ‘First Daughter of FRN’ to her Twitter bio
- INEC rejects certified true copies of documents tendered by Atiku, PDP
- CBN devalues Naira to 630 per dollar
- Hajj 2023: Again, MAX Air makes another emergency landing in Kano
- How MDAs abused N3.8trn Service Wide Vote, by Senate