By Richard Akintade, Osogbo.
The Osun State Government on Monday ordered the immediate sack of the Chairman of the Academic Staff Union, of the State-own Polytechnic, Iree, Mr. Dotun Omisore, as well as the suspension of the General Secretary of the Union, Mr Oduwole Omotayo for alleged misconduct.
While Omisore and Omotayo were disengaged and suspended respectively, the state government has also reinstated some 20 workers of the institution who had earlier been disengaged by the state government for one offence or the other.
According to a reliable source, Omisore and Omotayo were disengaged following their refusal to respond to three different queries sent to them by the school management.
The said queries came on the heel of a petition sent to the National Board of Technical Education (NBTE) by the ASU chairman and secretary, alleging that the management of OSPOLY is running the school with incompetent staff members.
The source added that, “The school management had sent a query to both Omisore and Omotayo, but they allegedly refused to reply the query. The management also resent the query for the second and third time which the duo also allegedly failed to respond to.”
ROYAL NEWS reliably learnt that Omisore’s lawyer wrote the school management when the fourth query was sent to them.
Copy of the Omisore’s disengagement letter dated November 2, 2016 and signed by the Registrar of the institution, Mr B.M Salawu was made available to newsmen in Osogbo on Monday.
The letter reads: “Following the consideration of the reports of the Visitation Panels to the four State-owned tertiary institutions in the state, the State Government of Osun has approved your disengagement from service of this institution with immediate effect in the interest of the state.
“You are to handover the institution’s property in your care to your Head of Department.”
When contacted, Omisore confirmed his dismissal but refused to speak further on the matter on the ground that he wanted to inform the national body of ASUP before taking any step on the matter.
The Ospoly management in an Internal Memo with Reference Number REG 40ɢ/VOL/31 and dated November 3, 2016 announced the reinstated of the 20 sacked workers of the institution.
The letter reads: Following the consideration of the reports of Personnel Audit by the State Government of Osun that some members of staff should be reinstated to the service of Osun State Polytechnic, the entire community is hereby informed of the reinstatement of the following members of staff.”
- (See Pictures) Court sends 20 internet fraudsters to jail in Oyo
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin