The senator representing Kogi West senatorial district at the National Assembly, Senator Smart Adeyemi, has lost his the All Progressives Congress, (APC) primaries ticket.
Adeyemi, ROYAL NEWS gathered, lost the ticket of the All Progressives Congress to Mr Sunday Karimi.
Karimi polled 288 votes to floor Adeyemi and four other aspirants at the election held in Kabba.
Adeyemi got 43 votes while Dr Muri Aina, who got 73; Mrs Adedoyin Eshanumi got one vote; Mohamed Wambai got nine votes, while Christopher Oni got one vote.
Karimi had earlier represented Yagba Federal Constituency at the House of Representatives between 2011 and 2016.
Speaking shortly after his Victory, Karimi expressed gladness at the outcome of the election and thanked God and delegates for considering him worthy of representing the senatorial district.
He assured his constituents of a responsive and quality representation at the Senate by stimulating development in the district.
“If elected, I will justify confidence reposed in me by the delegates and the APC, my very party,’’ he said.
Karimi saluted the courage and fighting zeal of his rivals and called on them to leave the loss behind and join hands with him to build the party and the constituency for the better.
Also on Saturday, Mr Abubakar Ohere won the APC ticket for Kogi Central senatorial district.
Incumbent Sen. Jibrin Isah beat Prince Yahaya Audu, brother to late Prince Abubakar Audu, former governor of Kogi to pick the party’s ticket for Kogi East senatorial district. (NAN)
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- ONDO: 77 victims found underground were awaiting second coming of Jesus Christ— Pastors
- MURIC TO NECO : PLEASE SHIFT EXAM FROM SALAH DAY
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Gov. Abdulrazaq approves job recruitment in Kwara
- UNICEF Commends the Rescue of Over 50 Abducted Children in Ondo
- Buhari inaugurates 55km road in Yobe
- 11 die in incinerated vehicles on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
- Ekiti residents urge governor-elect to give priority to security
- EMIR OF ILORIN COMMISERATES WITH OKE-ODE COMMUNITY, KWARA NUJ