The president’s congratulatory message is contained in a statement by one of his spokesmen, Malam Garba Shehu, in Abuja on Sunday.
Buhari joined family, friends and well-wishers around the country to celebrate the former Governor of Edo, thanking God for a life of service to the nation, good health and opportunity to commemorate this special day.
The president urged Oshiomhole, as he looks forward to joining the club of septuagenarians, to rededicate his life to working for the prosperity of those in need.
He also enjoined him to build bridges among people of diverse backgrounds and faith; and inspiring others to be patriotic, eschewing politics of division and acrimony.
Buhari also recognised the immense contributions the former national chairman had made to the nation, wishing ”the people’s comrade more years of service to build a better country.”
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92