The APC accused the PDP of handling the Boko Haram insurgency in an inept and incompetent manner.
John Akpan Udoedehe, National Secretary, issued a statement on Wednesday in reaction to the “lie” by Rivers Governor, Nyesom Wike that the federal government had lost control of security.
The scribe said the remark by Wike was against the continuous efforts of security forces toiling day and night.
He insisted that troops have rolled back the Boko Haram insurgency “to a small part on the shores of Lake Chad”.
Udoedehe recalled that insurgents once attacked places of worship, markets and gathering of citizens in many states before the government galvanised and equipped the Armed Forces.
“It is ironic that the dictator at the Rivers State government house has forgotten so soon that kidnapping for ransom, like the Boko Haram insurgency, did not start under this administration, but every effort is being made to stop it along with its twin evil of banditry.”
The APC stressed that the federal government has consistently worked for the best interest of Nigeria.
The party said it will not be distracted by the antics of the PDP designed to mislead Nigerians into assuming that the platform they rejected in 2015 and 2019 is worthy of their trust.
“A leopard cannot change its spots. The PDP is clearly in disarray. It was a failure in governance and a shocking failure as an opposition party.”
Udoedehe added that Nigerians cannot risk the country’s future in the hands of the same political party “that brought the rot the APC administration is clearing”.
- Senate approves Tinubu’s removal of Irukera as FCCPC boss
- NDDC: Senate rejects Anambra as lawmakers biker over Kogi
- Senate Summons Wike , FCT CP over spate of kidnappings
- Reps Reject NNPCL’s OVH Acquisition Report, Order Fresh Investigation
- NNPCL, OPEC Pledge Collaboration to Attract Investments, Grow Production
- COED Tech. lay-off 95 workers in Enugu over alleged irregularities
- ‘Yahoo Plus’ pushes 27yr-old man to kill father for rituals
- (PHOTOS) Army GOC visits Shehu of Borno, sues for collaboration
- NatureNews Targets 5bn Trees Plantation by 2030, Unveils ‘NaijaGreenProject’ Initiative
- NLC suspends nationwide protest