President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed sadness over the death of two leading members of the Zazzau Emirate, the Iyan Zazzau, Alhaji Bashir Aminu and Talban Zazzau, Abubakar Pate in one fell swoop.
In a condolence message released by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu, on Friday in Abuja, Buhari described their demise as a double tragedy.
He said: ”The death of such two prominent figures in Zazzau Emirate comes to me as a rude shock not long after the death of former Emir Shehu Idris.
“I wish to extend my deepest and heartfelt sympathies to the families of the two leaders, the Zazzau Emirate Council, the government and people of Kaduna State.
“May Allah forgive the gentle souls of the departed and reward their good deeds with paradise.”
Meanwhile, the president, according to Shehu has dispatched a ministerial-level delegation to visit the palace on his behalf.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders