President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed sadness over the death of Prof. Habu Galadima, the Director General, National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS).
In a condolence message by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu, in Abuja on Sunday, the president described Galadima as ”an intellectual colossus who stood tall in the field of scholarship and knowledge”.
He added that Galadima was an eloquent and remarkable intellectual whose contributions to scholarship were vast and remarkable.
“Nigeria will continue to remember him for these contributions,” the statement quoted Buhari as saying.
The president commiserated with the late professor’s family, friends, the government and people of Nasarawa State, and prayed to God to forgive his sins and grant him eternal rest.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Galadima, 57, died Sunday morning after a brief illness.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92