President Muhammadu Buhari has reacted to the attack on Kwapre community in Hong Local Government Area (LGA) of Adamawa by Boko Haram insurgents.
Boko Haram insurgents had on Friday, attacked the Adamawa community, destroying lives and property.
Buhari, represented by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr Boss Mustapha, during his visit to the community on Sunday expressed his deepest sympathy.
The President offered his condolence to those affected in the community by the attack.
“ I’m in Kwapre to see things under the directive of President Muhammadu Buhari and to sympathise and condole with the community.
“I have seen the level of destructions which is tragic of monumental dimension.
“I’m deeply saddened by what I saw and therefore assuring the community that government will do all that is possible to protect lives and property of the citizens,” he said.
According to him, over 78 houses ,12 shops, schools and four worship centres were destroyed during the attack
He noted that community members had great roles to play in securing communities, adding that it is a collective responsibility.
” Government is going to take steps that will be quite effective to curtail the menace as much as possible.
”Government is going to help the community to reconstruct places destroyed, “ he added.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92