By Our Reporter
President Muhammadu Buhari has extolled Nigerian women on the occasion of this year’s International Women’s Day, saying that it is an opportunity to reflect on the vital roles women play in society, homes, governance, the professions, and in all walks of life.
The Day is marked every March 8, and in 2022, it is being celebrated with the hashtag #BreaktheBias, and the theme; ‘Gender Equality Today for a Sustainable Tomorrow’.
Buhari observed that women are not where they should be yet in different spheres of endeavor, but believes that they can no longer be deprived for too long, as they consistently prove that they can hold their own on all fronts, and in all fields, said a press statement issued by presidential spokesman, Femi Adesina, on Tuesday.
“He applauds the contributions of women to the current administration as Ministers, Special Advisers, Senior Special Assistants, Executive Directors, Executive Secretaries, and many others, noting that they are pulling their weights, and making it impossible for anyone to downplay their essence.
“The President rejoices with women and mothers, around whom the tranquility of homes and society revolves, praying God to grant them peace, joy and satisfaction, as they celebrate today and always”, the statement added.
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year
- Late Onijagbo was a great servant of God— Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Emir of Ilorin mourns late Onijagbo, Oba Fagbemi
- I’m thinking of getting married for sex, says Juliana Olayode
- DMO raises concern over Nigeria’s debt
- BREAKING…Yoruba King, Onijagbo of Ijagbo dies
- Commissioner kidnapped in Benue
- Oluwo condems burning of Aree palace, vows to go after perpetrators
- I may not use Nigerian hospitals if elected president – Atiku