Buhari salutes Sen. Dalhatu Tafida at 82
…the former Senate Majority Leader, who was personal physician to President Shehu Shagari was extolled
President Muhammadu Buhari says he shares the joy of the occasion with former Nigeria’s High Commissioner to the United Kingdom, Sen. Dalhatu Tafida, on his 82nd birthday, Nov. 24, 2022.
In a congratulatory message by his media aide, Mr Femi Adesina, in a statement on Wednesday in Abuja conveyed the President’s congratulatory message Wednesday in Abuja,
The president celebrated with family members, friends, and associates of the medical doctor, who schooled in some of the best medical institutions in the world, and out of patriotism returned to work in Nigeria.
He noted that Tafida started his civil service career as Senior Registrar in Medicine in Katsina Specialist Hospital (1972 – 1973), Consultant Physician to the Kaduna State Ministry of Health (1973 – 1976) and Permanent Secretary of the Kaduna State Ministry of Health (1976 – 1980).
President Buhari extolled the former Senate Majority Leader, who was personal physician to President Shehu Shagari (1980 – 1983).
Tafida had also served variously as Commissioner of Health, Commissioner of Agriculture, and Commissioner of Education in Kaduna State, bringing a wealth of experience and instituting lasting reforms, especially in the health sector.
The president also noted Tafida’s contributions to the growth of the country as Minister of Health.
He described Tafida’s national award in 1983, Order of the Federal Republic, as ”most deserved as his profile in public service, both in appointments and elections, continues to awe and inspire.”
President Buhari prayed that the almighty God would grant Tafida a longer life, good health, and strength to keep serving the country and humanity.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Family releases burial arrangements for late AIT/RayPower CEO, Raymond Dokpesi
- Senate rejects controversial Water Resources Bill
- You’ve represented the dynasty excellently, Emir of Ilorin tells Prof. Gambari
- Tinubu gets Senate’s approval to appoint 20 Special Advisers
- EFCC to arraign 20 internet fraudster suspects in Kwara
- NLC, TUC pictures from Aso Rock Villa
- Iyabo Ojo slammed with ₦18M tax by Lagos Govt, she reacts
- Oluremi Tinubu steps into First Lady’s office
- Increase workers minimum wage to N200,000 – TUC tells FG
- Fuel subsidy: Court stops NLC, TUC, others from embarking on strike