Buhari’s critics don’t know who they are dealing with — Presidency
The presidency has said Nigerians who often attack President Muhammadu Buhari and his administration, may be ignorant of his real identity.
The Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, in this weeks edition of ‘Fridays With Femi’ tiled, ‘HOUNDING THE PRESIDENT. WILL THEY EVER LEARN?’ said Buhari is prudential in his approach to issues, particularly by ignoring irrelevant comments from haters.
Adesina who lamented the opinion of some Nigerians regarding Buhari’s health status, said the president’s life is in the hand of the Almighty God.
According to him: “Some Nigerians have made it a pastime to pester and attempt to browbeat the President. I laugh. They don’t know the person they are dealing with. A cool customer. Never flustered, harried or disconcerted.
“He simply focuses on what he is doing, ignoring the noise of the market. Kick like a dying horse, shout yourselves hoarse, curse, murmur like a ghost, hiss like a snake, President Buhari keeps his eyes on the ball.”
Mr Adesina urged Nigerians to learn from the president’s approach to issues, stressing that it is important to concentrate on what matters most.
He wondered why the attackers failed to hold the olive branch amid unsuccessful claims since the inception of Buhari’s administration in 2015.
“Each time they come, they get beaten. Why don’t they learn their lessons, and admit that the life and times of this President, like that of every man, is in the hands of God? Why do the heathens rage, and the people imagine vain things?”, he added.
According to the President’s spokesman, those who think they make life difficult for President Buhari when they hound him, should understand that “no leaf falls from the tree without the permission of God”.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- DSS confirms plot by disgruntled elements for Interim Government
- Naira gains, exchanges N461.24 against dollar
- Buhari approves appointment of 6 new Perm Secs.
- Gawuna accepts defeat, congratulates Kano Gov-elect
- Senate urges banks to resume operations in Akwa Ibom
- Man arrested for allegedly raping 9-month-old baby in Lagos
- One Judge dismissed, two others demoted in Niger state
- OYO SUBEB Monitors Unified Exams
- I won’t run from EFCC after handover — Wike
- NASS prescribes 5-yr jail term for defaulters in Fed Audit Bill