Chelsea have won this season’s Champions League after defeating Manchester City 1-0 in Saturday’s final.
Kai Havertz scored the winner in the first half, latching onto Mason Mount’s through ball to round Ederson and tap home.
This is the second time the Blues are winning the trophy, after they lifted it in 2012, when they beat Bayern Munich on penalties.
It is, however, the first time Thomas Tuchel is winning it, after he lost last year’s final to Bayern.
For Pep Guardiola who won it twice with Barcelona, the wait continues.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- JUST IN….. Buhari signs amended electoral bill into law
- FRSC warns motorists against impatience on Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway
- Monkeypox infection outbreak in UK, Germany, others
- 2023: Amaechi arrives Kwara, visits Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Defence Minister salutes Nigerian Airforce at 58 (PHOTOS)
- Zamfara Gov, Bello Matawalle urges traditional rulers to tackle insecurity
- 2023: Kogi delegates shock Ameachi after requesting Yahaya Bello to stepdown ambition
- KWACCIMA collaborates with EFCC for corrupt-free business environment
- NCoS Controller advises officers to show good character, be dedicated
- Education, short road to peace, freedom—NIREC