Chelsea manager, Thomas Tuchel has confirmed the club has registered two more positive COVID-19 cases.
Chelsea had been without captain, Thiago Silva and N’Golo Kante in their Carabao Cup semi final first leg game against Tottenham on Wednesday, January 5.
Despite missing two key players, Chelsea managed a relatively comfortable 2-0 win at home.
“Yeah, unfortunately Thiago Silva and N’Golo Kante [positive for COVID-19], which is huge for us because they’re two key players”. Tuchel told Sky Sports
“We had the information today in the morning so it is quite challenging, but we will push. The guys who are here have our trust, have our belief, and we will push them and push things to the maximum.
“It hasn’t changed the situation since some weeks ago, but it is not the moment to constantly repeat it. I expressed my opinion and from here we are looking for solutions. I have trust in the guys who play and hopefully we can put out a strong performance because we need it.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- NiMet predicts cloudy, sunny weather conditions for three days
- Buhari hails Army over professionalism, bravery
- Police graduates 467 constables in Kwara
- Estate agent arraigned in court over alleged N3.4m fraud
- Photo News: Defence Minister, Salihi Magashi visits Kuje prison
- KUJE ATTACK: MINISTER OF DEFENCE INSPECTS MEDIUM SECURITY CUSTODIAL CENTRE
- 2022 Ilorin Grand Durbar: Kwara govt expresses more supports
- Bandits, vigilantes clash kill 12 persons in Plateau
- FG set to recruit 1million Nigerians for 2023 census exercise
- Police re-arrest jailbreaker in Ondo State