Prof. Gambari, visiting his ancestral home, Ilorin, for the first time after his appointment as Chief of Staff to the President, made the call while speaking with Journalists in Ilorin, the Kwara capital.
“This period is an opportunity to reflect on the state of our country and to give maximum support to our president, Muhammadu Buhari, because his success is our success.
“By the grace of God, all the programmes and projects he has embarked upon, in economic, political and social domains will materialize for the betterment of our people.
“So at the end of his tenure, Nigeria will be more United, more peaceful and more prosperous,” Prof. Gambari said.
Prof. Gambari was received at the Ilorin International Airport by Kwara government’s officials, led by the deputy Governor, Mr Kayode Alabi.
Other officials at the airport to receive him were Senators representing Kwara Central and North, Ibrahim Oloriegbe and Sadiq Umar, respectively, Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Yakubu Danladi-Salihu, Special Adviser on Political Matters, Abdullateef Alakawa, other top Governor’s appointees and party chieftains as well as a large crowd.
Prof. Gambari, who could not hold his felicity over the warm reception bestowed him by the state government, applauded Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq.
“I am grateful to the Almighty Allah for giving me life and health to be able to come back to the city of my birth from where all my trajectory occurred, and for the State Government for this heroic reception.
“I thank His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Kwara State, AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, his Deputy, distinguished Senators and all the senior government officials who have been too gracious in welcoming me and of course, the Emir of Ilorin and all members of the community for the warm reception,” Prof. Gambari said.
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC
- Unilorin ASUU protest alleged casualisation of intellectual workers
- Tinubu will run an all-inclusive government, says PCC
- London museum returns looted Benin bronzes to Nigeria
- Fire guts 150 shops in Kachako Market in Kano State
- 2023 Election: INEC won’t allow PVC collection by proxy