The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Mahmud Mohammed, will tomorrow, Thursday November 10 retire from service.
Meanwhile, the Federal Judicial Service Commission (FJSC) has recommended Justice Walter Samuel Nkanu Onnoghen to the National Judicial Council (NJC) for further recommendation to President Muhammadu Buhari as the new Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN).
Onnoghen’s appointment will take effect tomorrow as the new CJN, according to Section 231 of the Constitution, will be done by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin