CJN: Onnoghen takes over tomorrow as Mahmud retires
The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Mahmud Mohammed, will tomorrow, Thursday November 10 retire from service.
Meanwhile, the Federal Judicial Service Commission (FJSC) has recommended Justice Walter Samuel Nkanu Onnoghen to the National Judicial Council (NJC) for further recommendation to President Muhammadu Buhari as the new Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN).
Onnoghen’s appointment will take effect tomorrow as the new CJN, according to Section 231 of the Constitution, will be done by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- (PHOTOS)EFCC arrests 28 suspected Yahoo Yahoo boys in Kwara
- Aggrieved parties file 25 petitions before Lagos election tribunal
- Referee suspended for using fan’s phone to review a goal
- Ramadan: Buhari sends best wishes to Muslim faithful
- NLC declares nationwide strike from Wednesday next week
- President-Elect Tinubu jets out to Europe
- JUST IN…..Emir of Ilorin confirms commencement of Ramadan fasting tomorrow
- I didn’t interfere, polls reflected Nigerians’ choices – Buhari
- Remove fuel subsidy before you go — U.S to Buhari
- Kwara: EFCC secures conviction of 37yr-old driver over illegal minning