Armed men suspected to be bandits have abducted the provost of the College of Arts and Animal Science Bakura, Habibu Mainasara, in Zamfara State.
The incident occured in the early hours of Sunday when the assailants invaded his official residence within Government Science Secondary School, Bakura.
The incident, which has sparked tension in the area, comes barely two days after the bandits raided some communities in Maradun Local Government Area of the state, killing at least 42 persons.
When contacted on phone by DAILY POST correspondent, the state’s Police Public Relations Officer, SP Mohammed Shehu, said he would call back to comment on the incident.
More to follow…
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate