Armed men suspected to be bandits have abducted the provost of the College of Arts and Animal Science Bakura, Habibu Mainasara, in Zamfara State.
The incident occured in the early hours of Sunday when the assailants invaded his official residence within Government Science Secondary School, Bakura.
The incident, which has sparked tension in the area, comes barely two days after the bandits raided some communities in Maradun Local Government Area of the state, killing at least 42 persons.
When contacted on phone by DAILY POST correspondent, the state’s Police Public Relations Officer, SP Mohammed Shehu, said he would call back to comment on the incident.
More to follow…
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity
- Opposition behind naira frustration– Lai Mohammed
- Breaking…. IPMAN orders fuel stations to shutdown operations
- Turkey-Syria Earthquake: Death toll crosses 5,000
- Atiku pays courtesy visit to Bauchi traditional rulers
- FG tasks Hajj Institute on best services to pilgrims
- Man United massively transformed under Ten Hag – De Gea
- Naira redesign: Don’t make Nigerians scapegoats, says Atiku