Ekpe Ogbu, the Benue State Commissioner for Housing and Urban Development, has been kidnapped by unknown gunmen on Saturday evening.
Confirming the abduction, the security adviser to the state governor, Colonel Paul Hemba (retd), who explained that the commissioner was abducted at Adankari Junction along the Otukpo-Ado Road, revealed that the victim’s vehicle had been recovered by the Police in Otukpo.
The Adankari Junction has become the spot for kidnap activities, with more than three records of kidnappings reported.
Upon their release, the previous victims reportedly disclosed that the kidnappers were armed herdsmen terrorising local communities and commuters who ply the route.
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,0000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud