An housewife and graduate of mathematics from a Nigerian university, Mrs Yemi Samuel, who arranged her kidnap to collect the sum of five million Naira ransom from her husband’s family has been apprehended, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
The Kwara State Police Command on Tuesday paraded her along with other suspects for various offences.
The state Commissioner of Police, Kayode Egbetokun, said Samuel left home on June 15 and went into hiding, claiming she has been kidnapped while cleaning the compound by an unknown gang.
The CP further said that the housewife was the only one speaking to his family on phone, saying the kidnappers were not willing to talk to anyone due to fear of their voice been recognised.
Egbetokun stressed that the victim called her husband that she has been taken to unknown destination and demanded five million Naira ransom for her release.
The CP said that effort was intensified and the said money was arranged by her husband’s family and well-wishers.
He said that unknowingly to the victim that the money has been arranged she later called that the money has been reduce to one million.
He said further that the victim’s family reported the case to police and the kwara operatives team led by CSP Saka Fagade tracked the suspect’s phone to kulende area where she hid herself in her parent’s rented apartment.
In an interview with journalists, Mrs. Samuel disclosed that she arranged her kidnap to help her husband out of his financial problem.
According to her, “I planned my kidnap to collect five million Naira ransom from my husband’s family to help my husband.
“My husband’s family are rich, but they are not willing to help him out of his financial difficulties.”
- NatureNews Targets 5bn Trees Plantation by 2030, Unveils ‘NaijaGreenProject’ Initiative
- NLC suspends nationwide protest
- Names of Tinubu’s aides following him to Qatar revealed (See List)
- Group petitions Tinubu, others over N20bn LGs fraud in Benue
- Banks to face N1trn recapitalization as Senate plans six years term for CBN Gov.
- BREAKING….Senate begins probe of Ajaokuta Steel Coy, NIOMCO over $496m payment
- (VIDEO) Vigilantes rescue abducted victims, kill one kidnapper, apprehend others in Kwara
- IOC’s Divestment: We Facilitate, Not Hinder Process — NNPCL
- Introduce Food Stamps prog to tackle hunger, Senate urges FG
- Senate confirms Bakari as NFIU director