An Ilorin Area Court yesterday dissolved 2 year-old marriage between Hassanat Bashiru and Mumin Bashiru for the wife refusal to use purdah.
The Plaintiff, a residence of Emir’s road Ilorin, had prayed the court to dissolve her marriage to her husband because she cannot agree to her husband’s wish that she should always be in purdah by totally covering her eyes and body with black cloth.
She said that their marriage was contacted in 2014 and had produced two children, Hauwa, 1, and Ayisat, 4 months, ROYAL NEWS learnt.
According to her, “My lord, I want an end to this marriage because my husband didn’t tell me this before I married him. This is not in our agreement; I cannot be covering all my body with black cloth including my eyes.”
It was however gathered that the defendant did not object to the prayer of his wife, saying that if she didn’t agree to use purdah is free to go.
He urged the court to grant the divorce request as well as award him the custody of the children.
The Presiding Judge, Mr. Abdulquadri Ibrahim dissolved the marriage and issue a certificate of divorce for the plaintiff as well as award the wife the custody of the children.
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants
- Ilorin experiences first rainfall in 2023
- Leeds records 3-1 victory against Accrington Stanley firstly in 7yrs
- Naira notes hardship: Don’t come to Kano yet, Ganduje tells Buhari
- CBN’s Jan. 31 deadline on naira notes unrealistic— Atiku