An Ilorin Area Court yesterday dissolved 2 year-old marriage between Hassanat Bashiru and Mumin Bashiru for the wife refusal to use purdah.
The Plaintiff, a residence of Emir’s road Ilorin, had prayed the court to dissolve her marriage to her husband because she cannot agree to her husband’s wish that she should always be in purdah by totally covering her eyes and body with black cloth.
She said that their marriage was contacted in 2014 and had produced two children, Hauwa, 1, and Ayisat, 4 months, ROYAL NEWS learnt.
According to her, “My lord, I want an end to this marriage because my husband didn’t tell me this before I married him. This is not in our agreement; I cannot be covering all my body with black cloth including my eyes.”
It was however gathered that the defendant did not object to the prayer of his wife, saying that if she didn’t agree to use purdah is free to go.
He urged the court to grant the divorce request as well as award him the custody of the children.
The Presiding Judge, Mr. Abdulquadri Ibrahim dissolved the marriage and issue a certificate of divorce for the plaintiff as well as award the wife the custody of the children.
- COAS commissions projects at NAIC Hdqtrs (PHOTOS)
- Senate approves Tinubu’s removal of Irukera as FCCPC boss
- NDDC: Senate rejects Anambra as lawmakers biker over Kogi
- Senate Summons Wike , FCT CP over spate of kidnappings
- Reps Reject NNPCL’s OVH Acquisition Report, Order Fresh Investigation
- NNPCL, OPEC Pledge Collaboration to Attract Investments, Grow Production
- COED Tech. lay-off 95 workers in Enugu over alleged irregularities
- ‘Yahoo Plus’ pushes 27yr-old man to kill father for rituals
- (PHOTOS) Army GOC visits Shehu of Borno, sues for collaboration
- NatureNews Targets 5bn Trees Plantation by 2030, Unveils ‘NaijaGreenProject’ Initiative