Olasile was arraigned on a two-count charge bordering on membership of Eiye secret cult, contrary to section 2 of Secret Cult and Secret Societies Law of Kwara State.
He was also sentenced to 10 years’ imprisonment for unlawful possession of a locally made pistol punishable under section 3 (1) of the Robbery and Firearms Act, 2004.
The prosecution, led by Barrister Kamaldeen Ajibade, the State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, called three witnesses and tendered exhibits to prove its case.
Another person identified as Mohammed Kehinde and two others were also arraigned on a three-count charge of criminal conspiracy, initiation of new members to secret cult and membership of the secret cult.
After a careful analysis of the case and the evidence presented by the prosecution, led by Barrister Ajibade, Justice Oyinloye found the first and second accused persons guilty and sentenced them to 10 years’ imprisonment each with a fine of N50, 000. The third accused person was however discharged and acquitted of the said offences.
Also, on 3 November, 2016, a middle aged man, Rasheed Abiola and one other were also arraigned before Justice I. A. Yusuf of the Kwara State High court on a two-count charge of membership of secret cult and illegal possession of firearms.
Justice Yusuf found the first accused person guilty of count two of the offences of dealing with illegal possession of firearms and sentenced him to four years’ imprisonment and discharged him of the second offence of cultism.
The second accused person was, however, discharged and acquitted of count one and two of the alleged offences.
Commenting on the outcome of the cases, Barrister Ajibade applauded the judgments and emphasized the Ahmed administration’s zero tolerance to cultism due to its negative impact on youths and the society at large.
He stressed that the government will continue to employ all lawful means to stamp out cultism and other related crimes in the state.
- Nigerians should be wary of purveyors of fake news– Soludo
- MURIC HAILS ARMY OVER KADUNA GUN FACTORY DISCOVERY
- JUST IN….NIPR Insists Tinubu’s Spokesperson, Ajuri Ngelale not ‘Qualified’ for PR Job
- My appointment’ll foster closer ties between government and communities— Tinubu’s SSA
- (PHOTOS) Another Kano Princess, Asmau AbdulKadir Marries Iwo High Chief
- Breaking…. Kwara gets new Commissioner of Police, Olaiya Victor Mobolaji
- What police did to late Mohbad’s body after autopsy
- Make peace your priority, PCN National Commandant, Akoh charges Nigerians
- Update On Doctor Who Performed Surgery For Late Adebola Akin-Bright
- EFCC, FRSC Deepen Collaboration in Fighting Corruption