The government of Kaduna State has temporarily relaxed the restriction of movement imposed throughout the state aimed at checkmating the spread of COVID-19.
In a state broadcast on Wednesday, the Deputy Governor, Dr Hadiza Balarabe, said that the curfew will be eased from 3 pm on Wednesday to 12 midnight on Thursday.
Dr Balarabe said that the measure ‘’ is to enable people to stock up on food and other essentials.’’
According to her: ‘’Subsequently, the restriction of movement will be lifted every Tuesday and Wednesday. Traders in food and other essentials will open their shops on these two days.’’
Balarabe, who apologised for the inconvenience that the restriction of movement has caused, said that the decision was taken because of the extraordinary times which was brought about by COVID-19.
The Deputy Governor appealed to the people of the state to still ‘’observe social distancing, avoid crowded places and to wash our hands regularly.’’
Kaduna state so far has three cases of COVID-19.
The first was Governor Nasir El-Rufa’i, who announced his positive status on Saturday.
Two other persons, who had contact with the index case in the state, were also announced positive on Monday.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport