Kano State Governments of Kano has announced the relaxation of restriction imposed on religious centres to curtail the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the state.
It released operational guidelines to control the new restriction imposed by Presidential Task Force (PTF) on Monday.
The guideline specifically structured to unlock the restriction for Friday Jumaat prayers, Eid-el-Fitir congregational prayers and Sunday Christian worship.
However, the religious activities are permitted between 10a.m. and 2p.m.
Meanwhile, Sallah festivities, including the visit to Gidan Shettima, Hawan Daushe, Hawan Nassarawa and Hawan Dorayi in Kano have been cancelled.
According to the new structure, the government relaxed the lockdown for four hours on Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
The Commissioner for Information, Muhammad Garba, stated, “Government considers it convenient to allow the conduct of Eid prayers on the Sallah day in all the five emirates in the state during which restriction of movement has been lifted from 6a.m. to 2p.m. under strict observance of safety and prevention protocols.
- Morocco win Spain 3-0 on penalty knock out
- Kanye celebrates Saint’s 7th birthday at Kim’s house
- NiMet alerts on thick dust haze in Kano, Katsina, others
- Naira redesigned: Maximum cash withdrawal now N100,000
- Samuel Eto’o attacks man outside stadium in Qatar
- NBA President shuns call to bar ceremony presided over by Olanipekun
- Media Watch Group Carpets Security Agencies Over ‘State Of The Nation’
- FG developed Lagos, not Tinubu– Atiku
- Chatham House: Atiku group berates Tinubu’s conduct
- Chatham House: Tinubu clarifies his age, paternity