The Kwara State government on Tuesday disclosed that about 75 persons who had contact with the two COVID-19 patients in the state are under contact-tracing in order to curb the spread of the infectious disease in the state.
COVID-19 is a global pandemic, it is neither a death sentence or otherwise. Dear Kwarans, endeavour to mainatin social distancing and ensure that you maintain public and personal hygiene.
Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq stated this on Wednesday during a press briefing held at the State Government House, Illorin. He urged Kwarans to remain calm and vigilant.
The governor said: “Yesterday evening, we got the result of two persons who tested positive for COVID-19 in Kwara State. One is the wife of the late patient who died at the University of Ilorin Teaching, (UITH) and the second person is a diabetic patient who also had travel history and he has since gone to self-isolation with his wife.
“COVID-19 is a global pandemic, it is neither a death sentence or otherwise. Dear Kwarans, avoid crowded places, eendeavour to mainatin social distancing and ensure that you maintain public and personal hygiene.
“We hereby express our disappointment at the breach of trust exhibited by the authority of the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, (UITH) and we call for the immediate suspension of Prof. Kazeem Alakija Salami and other officers found wanton in the situation. The fumigation exercise is ongoing across the state.”
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note