There was controversial submission by the Director-General of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), Chikwe Ihekweazu, who claimed that 90% of COVID-19 patients recover without any intervention.
At a media briefing on Wednesday, Ihekweazu said: “someone infected with coronavirus, usually required support for the body to recover by itself.”
He said: “We should remember that 90 per cent of these patients recover without any intervention. So, if you take something and say you recovered and that something is why you recovered, it doesn’t quite add up.
“There are very few viruses with a cure. So, you go to a hospital and for COVID-19, you’re given oxygen. Oxygen is not really a treatment; it’s to keep you alive for long enough for you to recover yourself.”
It would be recalled that Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State had claimed that he used somethings that eventually cured him from the the COVID-19 Infection.
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated
- How pastors treWe both wept when Sammie Okposo told me how pastors treated him – Apostle Suleman
- My presidential ambition is for Nigeria’s future– Peter Obi
- PDP reschedules campaign flag off in Nasarawa over police permit
- UniAbuja ASUU protest unpaid salaries
- Unilorin V-C extols Prof. Gambari’s virtues @ 78
- EFCC secures 3,328 convictions in 11 months – Chairman
- Buhari condoles with family of Gospel Musician, Sammie Okposo