He revealed this in a media forum held at Royal Tropicana Hotel in Kano on Wednesday, saying that the aim was to beat the economic crisis in the country.
According to him, “The group reviewed it’s business plan to develop its investment directive and commits a greater investment in agriculture and mining to diversify economy”.
The reason the group head stressed, was to diversify into areas that were fundamental to consumers and other stakeholders.
Engr Ahmed pointed that the company planned to expand its sugar refinery to other states, revealing that the company had already started acquiring land for the purpose of the expansion.
In his words, “We are actually working towards providing enough sugar and wishing to eliminate the importation of sugar by the next five years.”
The group head then revealed that rice and milk production had already began in Jigawa, although it wasn’t done directly by the company yet.
He however stressed that the company had worked with about 800 farmers in Hadejia in Jigawa state and it planned to increase the number to about 2,000 farmers to begin commercial farming.
Other areas that the company wished to diversify according to Ahmed, was the oil and gas sector, aiming at building the largest refinery in Africa to be refining about 650,000 barely of crude per day.
The group would also venture into fertilizer production petrochemicals as well as provision of gas pipeline and alternative energy supply.
Dangote Group has identified the need to diversify it’s investment to assist the country out of recession.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note