For fear of the spread of COVID-19 in the state, Governor Aminu Masari of Katsina State has ordered the immediately shutdown of Daura Emir’s palace, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
Masari said: “Palace is a place where people visit all the time, we take this decision to contain spread of coronavirus.
“Reports reaching me reveal that people in rural areas don’t obey the order, people gather during marriages, naming ceremonies, burials and other social gatherings. I have directed the Emirs of Katsina and Daura to deal decisively with anyone violating the order.”
He spoke in Katsina while giving updates on the COVID-19 situation in the state, said there was “no ulterior motive to the decision to quarantine the palace”.
The governor explained that there have been some COVID-19 positive cases from the palace, while samples of 89 people had been taken from the palace for screening by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control.
Masari urged people of the state to continue to adhere strictly to the advice of health experts like social distancing, use of face masks and sanitiser, as well as frequent washing of hands with running water.
- NatureNews Targets 5bn Trees Plantation by 2030, Unveils ‘NaijaGreenProject’ Initiative
- NLC suspends nationwide protest
- Names of Tinubu’s aides following him to Qatar revealed (See List)
- Group petitions Tinubu, others over N20bn LGs fraud in Benue
- Banks to face N1trn recapitalization as Senate plans six years term for CBN Gov.
- BREAKING….Senate begins probe of Ajaokuta Steel Coy, NIOMCO over $496m payment
- (VIDEO) Vigilantes rescue abducted victims, kill one kidnapper, apprehend others in Kwara
- IOC’s Divestment: We Facilitate, Not Hinder Process — NNPCL
- Introduce Food Stamps prog to tackle hunger, Senate urges FG
- Senate confirms Bakari as NFIU director