General Magashi stated this at the Ministry of Defence Headquarters during a Confernment of Fellowship award on him by the Chartered Institute of Educational Practitioners UK, CIEUPUK led by its African Regional President and Consultant Professor Marcel Ezenwoye.
He said Leadership by example through teaching his life experience in the Institute will no doubt motivate the younger generations to imbibe nationalistic ethos, culture of discipline and unblemished service to the nation.
While appreciating the award, the Minister of Defence who was earlier decorated and dressed in academic gown and presented with an award after the Oath of allegiance was administered on him by the CIEPUK Regional president assured the Institute of effective collaboration.
The Defence Minister identified areas of collaboration in Research and Development R&D to include cyber warfare and other crimes in general relating to National Defence architecture.
In a remark by the CIEPUK African Regional President Professor Marcel Ezenwoye who had stayed for thirty two years in the UK described the Defence Minister, General Magashi as a role model and a man of integrity who deserves the honour done him.
Professor Ezenwoye however scored the President Muhammadu Buhari led administration very high in the educational sector’s achievements, advised that more attention should be focused on reducing the level of illiteracy in the country.
He said the Institute is presently collaborating with the government to deradicalise about thirty thousand Commercial Sex Workers across the country.
Further more the Regional President disclosed that the Institute is also organising capacity building for five thousand teachers per state and it is working on Special Intervention programmes to assist the physically challenged as well as the vulnerable persons in the society.
The Chartered Institute of Educational Practitioners UK is one of the largest and leading Professional bodies, duly registered and accredited in the United Kingdom.
CIEPUK is dedicated to promoting quality education and nurturing talents globally.
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92
- CBN’s cash withdrawal policy’ll enhance financial inclusion – Expert
- DSS, oil marketers set to clear petrol queues in 48 hours
- FG gives update on Ajaokuta Steel resuscitation, legal tussle
- Ex-CAN President, Ayo Oritsejafor’s marriage crashes
- BREAKING…CBN begins distribution of redesigned naira notes to banks
- Celine Dion cancels shows over incurable disease
- Reps disagree with CBN, orders suspension of cash withdrawal limit