The Minister of Defence, Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) has assured the authority of the Nigerian Air Force of President Muhammadu Buhari’s commitments to sustaining the trajectory of the Air power attacks capabilities of the Service.
Magashi stated this in his inaugural speech as Special guest of honour at the NAF 58th anniversary seminar held at the NAF base Kano, Kano State.
ROYAL NEWS reports that climax of the NAF Seminar was the presentation of souvenirs and the unveiling of the book , ” Nigerian Air Force; So Far”
The Defence Minister further said that the theme of the seminar, “Enhancing the Nigerian Air Force’s Operational Efficiency in Joint Operations for Effective Response to Contemporary National Security Imperatives” is apt pointing out that it couldn’t have come at a better time.
In his opening remarks the Chief of Air Staff Air Marshal Oladayo Amao justified the hosting of the NAF Day / Reunion 2022 in Kano as a mark of respect and honour in honour of the Minister of Defence Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) whose guidance and support to the service he said are impacting greatly on its operations in various ways.
While appreciating the totality of the huge support of the Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari to the service, Air Marshal Amao stressed that the service has come a long way in fulfilling its constitional mandate of defending National territorial integrity and cohesion in a joint Operational environment.
The Chief of Air Staff who disclosed that NAF has evolved new strategy to improve its critical Air power capabilities for joint Forces employment and deployment said the 58th anniversary celebrations have touched the hearts and minds of many Nigerians domiciled in various contiguous Communities bordering NAF Units and Bases across the country through the medical outreaches.
The first paper titled Air – Ground integration and Operational Efficiency: AFN in perspective was delivered by Group Captain AA Komolafe while the 2nd seminar paper delivered by Air Commodore MC Ekwueme was on “Optimizing NAF UAV Operations for Effective Joint Force Employment”.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Emir Sulu-Gambari set to install Balogun Gambari as most senior counsellor in Ilorin Emirate
- Divorce: JJC Skillz divorces Nollywood Star, Funke Akindele
- Gov Zulum directs promotion of deserving civil servants
- Kano APC Senator, Shekarau finally defects to NNPP
- Senate Confirms Buhari 7 Ministerial Norminees
- Fraud: Senate summons NIA boss over N/Delta activists’ blacklist by DSS
- Organ harvesting: Senate delegation to visit Ekweremadu, wife in London
- Ado-Ekiti Yahoo-Boy Jailed Two Years for Scam, Loses N13m Car to FG
- Money-politics affecting Nigeria’s political processes— Ex-Minister
- Kwara monarch introduces new currency for business activities in own community