The Minister of Defence, Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) has assured the authority of the Nigerian Air Force of President Muhammadu Buhari’s commitments to sustaining the trajectory of the Air power attacks capabilities of the Service.
Magashi stated this in his inaugural speech as Special guest of honour at the NAF 58th anniversary seminar held at the NAF base Kano, Kano State.
ROYAL NEWS reports that climax of the NAF Seminar was the presentation of souvenirs and the unveiling of the book , ” Nigerian Air Force; So Far”
The Defence Minister further said that the theme of the seminar, “Enhancing the Nigerian Air Force’s Operational Efficiency in Joint Operations for Effective Response to Contemporary National Security Imperatives” is apt pointing out that it couldn’t have come at a better time.
In his opening remarks the Chief of Air Staff Air Marshal Oladayo Amao justified the hosting of the NAF Day / Reunion 2022 in Kano as a mark of respect and honour in honour of the Minister of Defence Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) whose guidance and support to the service he said are impacting greatly on its operations in various ways.
While appreciating the totality of the huge support of the Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari to the service, Air Marshal Amao stressed that the service has come a long way in fulfilling its constitional mandate of defending National territorial integrity and cohesion in a joint Operational environment.
The Chief of Air Staff who disclosed that NAF has evolved new strategy to improve its critical Air power capabilities for joint Forces employment and deployment said the 58th anniversary celebrations have touched the hearts and minds of many Nigerians domiciled in various contiguous Communities bordering NAF Units and Bases across the country through the medical outreaches.
The first paper titled Air – Ground integration and Operational Efficiency: AFN in perspective was delivered by Group Captain AA Komolafe while the 2nd seminar paper delivered by Air Commodore MC Ekwueme was on “Optimizing NAF UAV Operations for Effective Joint Force Employment”.
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus