Governor Nyesom Wike has accused former chairman of Daar Communications, Raymod Dokpesu of being an All Progressives Congress (APC) mole in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Dokpesi who is a frontline supporter of former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar who is reportedly nursing a presidential ambition, is alleged to have said Wike is spearheading a move to impose his candidates on the party ahead of the 2023 elections.
In a statement released by his media aide Kelvin Ebiri, Wike said some PDP governors got text messages and calls that the former Daar chairman said they embarked on a weeklong trip to Europe.
The Rivers state Governor further stated that no one should bring division in the opposition party.
The statement read;
“I have always said to people in PDP, nobody should cause a division among the governors. We are trying as much as we can to build the party back and see that in 2023 PDP takes over governance.
“I have some suspicion that people like Raymond Dokpesi are not really sincere to the Peoples Democratic Party and I think , I’m convinced that Raymond Dokpesi appears to be working for APC.
“I don’t understand where Raymond Dokpesi gets this information, this rumour that governors travelled to Europe to decide who will be the presidential candidate and vice presidential candidate of PDP. I wonder why governors will travel to Europe to make such a decision.
“I have told Raymond Dokpesi that there is nothing wrong with you preaching for the candidature of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the Waziri of Adamawa, a very experienced man, an intelligent man, a strategist. But don’t destroy other people because of this. Because when you destroy them it will be difficult for the PDP to win the election in 2023.”
Wike also added that if Atiku wins the PDP presidential ticket, the governors will support him. He said;
“We supported Atiku Abubakar when he won (PDP presidential ticket), and even if he wins now, the governors will rally round him, but when you destroy the governors and bring confusion, how will it work?”
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*
- Meet Prince Fahad Okechukwu Emetumah, a Lawyer turned Musician
- Only security can guarantee peace, economic growth –Minister
- UNSCR 2250: FG, groups seek support for lasting peace among youths
- FG, Foreign Football Agents, Others Partner Obasa Cup
- Senators donate N1m each to victims of Kaduna drone misfire
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector