Hon. Yekini Idiaye, the Deputy Speaker of Edo State House of Assembly, and four other lawmakers have declared their support for Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, for the forthcoming governorship election.
They are among the 10 lawmakers that were inaugurated in July 2019 while 14 others remain to be inaugurated due to the crisis that rocked the APC then.
According to Channels Television, the lawmakers said their decision was to remain in the now opposition party in the State on whose platform they were elected.
The lawmakers vowed not to follow Governor Godwin Obaseki, to his new party, the PDP.
The lawmakers also alleged that the state executive led by the PDP flag bearer has made the legislature irrelevant.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor