The Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, has announced his resignation from the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Mr Obaseki announced this after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the State House in Abuja, Channels Television reports.
Mr Obaseki earlier said he would take a decision on his membership of the APC after meeting with the Nigerian leader.
Mr Obaseki was last week disqualified by the APC from participating in the party’s governorship primary slated for June 22.
Although he wants to contest for a second term in office, the APC denied the governor the chance to do that, alleging inaccuracies in his school certificates.
READ ALSO: APC’S NATIONAL WORKING COMMITTEE UPHOLDS OBASEKI’S DISQUALIFICATION
The governor has blamed his ordeal on the APC national chairman, Adams Oshiomhole, with whom he has been involved in a bitter fight.
The Edo governor is expected to defect to the Peoples Democratic Party whose leaders he has been meeting with since the APC’s decision.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment